Earth Friendly Policy
Earth Greetings create 100% Earth friendly products with the lightest possible footprint.
Earth Greetings recognise that printing and paper production has the potential to cause many and varied detrimental environmental effects, and is a significant contributor to global warming.
One of the biggest single threats to forests is their conversion into woodchips, pulp and paper. When we destroy forests, we destroy the homes of many native animal and plant species. Our oceans, waterways and their inhabitants are being polluted and damaged by exposure to toxic paper mill effluent & printer waste.
Additionally, the Earth and its oceans are filling up with plastic waste which is having a catastrophic effect on wildlife.
Whilst we believe that consuming less should be our ultimate aim, buying nothing is not always practical. Our goal at Earth Greetings is to do the absolute best we can to ensure we are treading as lightly on the Earth as possible when we create our products, and in doing so provide you with a genuinely Earth friendly alternative.
Earth Friendly Printing
Earth Greetings choose printers who consider the environment in the printing process. This means ensuring:
- water use minimisation,
- digital to plate printing (less chemicals, energy & waste),
- the use of vegetable based inks (an alternative to greenhouse gas emitting mineral oil based inks containing toxic volatile organic compounds),
- alcohol free printing (less greenhouse gas emissions),
- the recycling or reusing of waste,
- low chemical and solvent usage and
- energy efficient production.
Earth Friendly Paper
Earth Greetings choose paper stocks which:
- contain 100% post-consumer waste,
- are not chlorine bleached - eliminating highly toxic dioxin as a residue and
- are made by environmentally certified mills (EMS, ISO 14001 or EMAS) that recycle or capture waste before it enters the environment.
- are carbon offset where available
Earth Friendly Packaging
- our products come 'naked' with no plastic or cello packaging
- cardboard box packaging is made locally from 100% post-consumer waste
- cards are supplied to retailers in 100% post-consumer recycled paper bags
- display stands are made of recycled cardboard or durable powder-coated steel
- we re-use boxes and any packaging which comes to us from our suppliers
- packaging is kept to a minimum with no unnecessary extras
- occasionally if extra packing is needed for fragile freight, we use Eco-Bubble, a recyclable wrap made from cornstarch
Earth Friendly Business
Our aim is to operate in such a way as to have minimal impact on the Earth’s environment by:
- manufacturing locally where possible
- using 100% post-consumer recycled paper for in-office printing
- aim for zero waste and recycle everything possible
- composting food waste in our composter
- refilling and recycling all toner cartridges
- using energy efficient light bulbs such as LED's in our warehouse
- planting native trees and shrubs outside our workplace and providing water for birds
- cycling, walking or catching public transport to work whenever possible
- purchasing 100% accredited Green Power
- a minimum 10% of our after tax profit is donated to environmental organisations
We're Carbon Neutral
Earth Greetings recognise that greenhouse gas emissions are a contributor to global warming and are created in the day to day running of our business for example producing all of our products, freighting orders, the cars our reps drive, the planes we catch and the electricity we consume. Earth Greetings first seek to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and take responsibility for those we can't via an annual emissions audit and the purchasing of carbon offsets.
Earth Greetings has partnered with Carbon Neutral to offset our unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions with mixed native-species reforestation in Australia. The biodiverse trees planted through the purchase of our carbon credits help to reduce carbon emissions, salinity and erosion, provide habitat for wildlife and improve water quality in the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor - located in one of the world’s biodiversity ‘hotspots'.
Earth Greetings believe that trees are an important contributor to mitigating climate change and helping our natural environment and wildlife. Trees absorb carbon and store it in their stems, roots and branches. They then release oxygen molecules back into the atmosphere. Trees also improve soil quality by reducing salinity and creating important wind breaks. Reforestation and revegetation zones are important for re-establishing native flora and fauna as they create food, shelter and nesting habitats.
10% For The Planet
Giving back to the planet is as important to us as treading lightly, which is why Earth Greetings donate over 10% of profit to environmental organisations who care for native wildlife and restore habitat. This is particularly vital following the devastating bushfires in Australia where we have lost millions of hectares of native bushland.
Adelaide Koala & Wildlife Hospital Treating sick and injured koalas with the aim of returning them to the wild.
Adelaide Koala Rescue 24 hour rescue service from koalas in South Australia.
Animals Australia Works to protect the most vulnerable and abused animals in our society.
Fauna Rescue of SA Works to Rescue, Rehabilitate and Release. They believe in the successful method of soft release wildlife and always try to release as close as possible to the rescue scene, so that the animal can return to it’s colony.
Friends of the Earth Friends of the Earth campaign on today's most urgent environmental and social issues.
Koalas in Care 24 hour Koala rescue service covering Greater Taree, Great lakes and Gloucester NSW.
Nature Conservation Council of NSW Working towards ending deforestation, marine conservation and improving air quality and clean energy.
The Rescue Collective A community that supports animal rescue, wildlife organizations and their volunteers across the East Coast of Australia.
Save the Bilby Fund Save the Bilby Fund aims to secure the long-term future for bilbies in the wild.
Trees for Life Trees For Life is a non-profit community group dedicated to revegetation and the protection of threatened and valuable bushland in South Australia. Earth Greetings are a major sponsor of Trees For Life, and have directly enabled them to plant over 40,000 native tree seedlings with our donations since 2008.
The Wilderness Society The Wilderness Society is a community-based environmental advocacy organisation whose mission is to protect, promote and restore wilderness and natural processes across Australia for the survival and ongoing evolution of life on Earth.
Wildlife Victoria A not for profit Victorian Emergency Response Service to assist native wildlife in need.
WIRES Australia's largest wildlife rescue organisation.
Earth Greetings have donated over $10,000 to organisations caring for and rescuing wildlife from bushfires raging throughout Australia in Summer 2020. You can read more about our Bushfire Emergency response here.
Trees For Life Sponsorship
Earth Greetings are a perpetual sponsor of environmental not for profit Trees For Life donating 5% of all of our profit annually. Through our donations since 2008, we have directly enabled Trees For Life to plant over 40,000 trees to revegitate arid farmland, mitigate carbon pollution, prevent erosion and provide homes for native wildlife.
Save The Koala Month
Earth Greetings donate 5% of all sales in September to the Adelaide Koala & Wildlife Hospital who treat sick and injured koalas and wildlife, and where possible release them back into the wild.
Supporting Australian Artists
Earth Greetings support a growing number of Australian based artists and designers giving them opportunities to be rewarded financially for their creations and have their artwork showcased on our Earth friendly products. If you would like to submit artwork for consideration, please use our contact form to email us a link to your website or social media page featuring your art.