Treading lightly on the Earth is at the heart of Our Purpose.
Our purpose is to inspire people to connect, care and celebrate whilst contributing to a brighter future for wildlife and our planet. To achieve this purpose, we seek to tread lightly on the planet and give back generously, via our donations to organisations helping to save native wildlife and restore their habitat.
- We manufacture locally, and in Australia wherever possible, to reduce transportation emissions
- We choose 100% post-consumer waste for our paper products, made by environmentally certified mills
- We choose vegetable based printing ink and use a carbon neutral printer dedicated to sustainability
- We ensure our products are recyclable or biodegradable
- We completely avoid plastic packaging
- We ensure all of our products are vegan and non-toxic
- We are a carbon neutral business and so are all of our products
- We have a strict ethical sourcing policy, working only with suppliers who are able to ensure acceptable pay and working conditions for their staff
- We choose certified organic fabric and certified sustainable paper and materials wherever possible
- We choose to have less products, with a higher attention paid to quality and sustainability
- We operate our office/warehouse premises on solar power
- We aim for zero waste, and recycle or compost everything we can to avoid waste
- We donate over 10% of profit to organisations caring for wildlife, habitat and communities in need
Earth Friendly Printing
Earth Greetings choose printers who are dedicated to a sustainable printing process. This means ensuring:
- water use minimisation,
- digital to plate printing (less chemicals, energy & waste),
- the use of vegetable based inks (an alternative to greenhouse gas emitting mineral oil based inks containing toxic volatile organic compounds),
- alcohol free printing (less greenhouse gas emissions),
- the recycling or reusing of waste,
- low chemical and solvent usage and
- energy efficient production.
Earth Friendly Paper
Earth Greetings choose paper stocks which:
- contain 100% post-consumer waste,
- are not chlorine bleached - eliminating highly toxic dioxin as a residue
- are made by environmentally certified mills (EMS, ISO 14001 or EMAS) that recycle or capture waste before it enters the environment.
- are carbon offset where available
Earth Friendly Packaging
- our products come 'naked' with no plastic or cello packaging
- cardboard box packaging is made locally from 100% post-consumer waste
- cards are supplied to retailers in 100% post-consumer recycled paper bags
- display stands are made of recycled cardboard or durable powder-coated steel
- we re-use boxes and any packaging which comes to us from our suppliers
- packaging is kept to a minimum with no unnecessary extras
- occasionally if extra packing is needed for fragile freight, we use Eco-Bubble, a recyclable wrap made from cornstarch
Earth Friendly Business
We operate in such a way as to have minimal impact on the Earth’s environment by:
- running our office and warehouse on solar power
- donating a minimum 10% of profit to environmental organisations
- manufacturing locally where possible
- using 100% post-consumer recycled paper for in-office printing
- aim for zero waste and recycle everything possible
- composting food waste in our composter
- refilling and recycling all toner cartridges
- using energy efficient light bulbs such as LED's in our warehouse
- planting native trees and shrubs outside our workplace and providing water for birds
- cycling, walking or catching public transport to work whenever possible
- avoiding the creation of greenhouse gas emissions wherever possible, and for those we can't avoid we offset
We're Carbon Neutral
Earth Greetings are certified by Carbon Neutral who undertake an annual emissions and waste audit of our entire business operation, including the creation and transport of our products, and delivery of all of our orders. We reduce waste and emissions where possible and for those we can’t, we purchase carbon offsets which are invested in the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor to help protect and recover declining woodland and shrubland fauna, making us a carbon neutral business.
Trees For Life Sponsorship
Trees for Life is a non-profit organisation dedicated to revegetation and the protection of threatened and valuable bushland habitat in South Australia. Earth Greetings are a perpetual sponsor of Trees For Life, currently donating 5% of profits quarterly, which has directly enabled them to plant over 50,000 native tree seedlings with our donations since 2008.
10% For The Planet
To contribute toward a brighter future for wildlife and our planet, Earth Greetings donate over 10% of all profit to organisations caring for wildlife and habitat. In 2021, we donated over $32,500 to charity. Some of the organisations we have donated to include:
Adelaide Koala & Wildlife Hospital Treating sick and injured koalas with the aim of returning them to the wild. Earth Greetings have donate 5% of all sales to the hospital in September during Save the Koala Month.
Adelaide Koala Rescue 24 hour rescue service from koalas in South Australia.
Animals Australia Works to protect the most vulnerable and abused animals in our society.
Animal Rescue Cooperative ARC teams support immediate fire and disaster response to help animals. Earth Greetings have sponsored a fire trailer, to help bring water to fire prone areas faster in the 2020 bushfire season.
Australian Wildlife Conservancy is the largest private owner and manager of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife across more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions. Recognising that ‘business as usual’ for conservation in Australia will mean additional extinctions, AWC is developing and implementing a new model for conservation.
BirdLife Australia is dedicated to creating a bright future for Australia’s birds.
Bob Brown Foundation In this age of rapid destruction of the biosphere, attended by cynicism and pessimism, Bob's foundation uses ecological reality and optimism to promote real environmental wins protecting ecosystems, species and wild and scenic heritage.
Fauna Rescue of SA Works to Rescue, Rehabilitate and Release. They believe in the successful method of soft release wildlife and always try to release as close as possible to the rescue scene, so that the animal can return to it’s colony.
Friends of the Earth Friends of the Earth campaign on today's most urgent environmental and social issues.
Nature Conservation Council of NSW Working towards ending deforestation, marine conservation and improving air quality and clean energy.
The Rescue Collective A community that supports animal rescue, wildlife organizations and their volunteers across the East Coast of Australia.
Save the Bilby Fund Save the Bilby Fund aims to secure the long-term future for bilbies in the wild.
Trees for Life Trees For Life is a non-profit community group dedicated to revegetation and the protection of threatened and valuable bushland in South Australia. Earth Greetings sponsorship has directly enabled them to plant over 50,000 native tree seedlings with our donations since 2008.
The Wilderness Society The Wilderness Society is a community-based environmental advocacy organisation whose mission is to protect, promote and restore wilderness and natural processes across Australia for the survival and ongoing evolution of life on Earth.
WIRES WIRES has been rescuing and caring for wildlife for almost 35 years and is the largest wildlife rescue organisation in Australia. Their mission is to actively rehabilitate and preserve Australian wildlife and inspire others to do the same. WIRES have over 3,000 volunteers, 28 local branches, a dedicated Rescue Office that operates 24/7, 365 days a year assisting the community to help native animals in distress.
World Wildlife Fund Australia Their Koalas Forever plan is to double the number of koalas across eastern Australia by 2050 and give them the chance to thrive. They are engaging in bold and innovative projects including drone seeding to replant and restore koala habitat - connecting a network of wildlife corridors along the east coast to allow koalas to move freely and easily through fragmented landscapes.
Acknowledgement of Country
Earth Greetings acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land in which we work, the Kaurna people, and the Traditional Owners who have country throughout Australia and have nurtured this land for tens of thousands of years.
With utmost respect, we recognise their continuing connection to the land and wildlife, and their sovereignty which has never been ceded. It always was and always will be, Aboriginal land. We pay our respects to their Elders, past present and emerging.